The following is a list of helpfull publications from the Small Business Administration. I am attaching a copy of the SMALL BUSINESS INSURANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT GUIDE. You might download any of the other publications at the SBA website, sba.gov
1. PROBLEMS IN MANAGING A FAMILY-OWNED BUSINESS MP-3: Specific problems exist when attempting to make a family-owned business successful. This publication offers suggestions on how to overcome these difficulties.
2. BUSINESS PLAN FOR SMALL MANUFACTURERS MP-4: Designed to help an owner/manager of a small manufacturing firm, this publication covers all the basic information necessary to develop an effective business plan.
3. BUSINESS PLAN FOR SMALL CONSTRUCTION FIRMS MP-5: This publication is designed to help an owner/manager of a small construction company pull together the resources to develop a business plan.
4. PLANNING AND GOAL SETTING FOR SMALL BUSINESS MP-6: Learn proven management techniques to help you plan for success.
5. BUSINESS PLAN FOR THE SMALL RETAILER MP-9: Business plans are essential road maps for success. Learn how to develop a business plan for a retail business.
6. BUSINESS PLAN FOR SMALL SERVICE FIRMS MP-11: Outlines the key points to be included in the business plan of a small service firm.
7. CHECK-LIST FOR GOING INTO BUSINESS MP-12: This is a must if you’re thinking about starting a business. It highlights the important factors you should know in reaching a decision to start your own business.
9. COMPUTERIZING YOUR BUSINESS MP-14: Helps you forecast your computer needs, evaluate the alternatives and select the right computer system for your business.
10. BUSINESS PLAN FOR HOME-BASED BUSINESS MP-15: Provides a comprehensive approach to developing a business plan for a home-based business.
12. INSURANCE OPTIONS FOR BUSINESS CONTINUATION PLANNING MP-20: This publication discusses the life insurance needs of a small business owner and how important business life insurance is when planning for the future of business.
13. INTRODUCTION TO STRATEGIC PLANNING MP-21: This best seller helps you develop a strategic action plan for your small business.
14. INVENTORY MANAGEMENT MP-22: Discusses the purpose of inventory management, types of inventories, record keeping and forecasting inventory levels.
15. SELECTING THE LEGAL STRUCTURE FOR YOUR BUSINESS MP-25: Discusses the various legal structures that a small business can use in setting up operations. It identifies types of legal structures and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
16. EVALUATING FRANCHISE OPPORTUNITIES MP-26: Evaluate franchise opportunities and select the business that’s right for you.
17. SMALL BUSINESS INSURANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT GUIDE MP-28: This guide can help you strengthen your insurance program by identifying, minimizing and eliminating business risks.
18. HOW TO START A QUALITY CHILD CARE BUSINESS: This comprehensive manual developed by child care professionals in both private and public sectors, explains the business and academic dimensions of operating a child care center.
19. CHILD DAY-CARE SERVICES MP-30: An overview of the industry, including models of day-care operations.
20. HANDBOOK FOR SMALL BUSINESS MP-31: Handy information for getting started – in a new publication developed by the SBA’s Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE).
21. HOW TO WRITE A BUSINESS PLAN MP-32: What you need to know to write a good plan at the start. It can save your business down the line.